Large purse = 9 4/8” (W) x 5 1/2” (H). (23.5cm x 14cm)
Coin Purse = 6” (W) x 3 1/2” (H). (15.3cm x 9cm)
Hard copy booklet also includes a web link to the PDF version (so you can reprint at home as many times as you need!) Printed as a 2 sides per page booklet onto copier paper.
See more views of the Beau Pair Purses here.
I'm hoping that these 2 purses look so cute that they might encourage you to overcome your fear of zips. I can understand why you might not like them. They don't look that friendly, but as they are so inexpensive, so secure and can look so eye-catching, it is a shame to avoid them completely. In this pattern I have taken squillions of instruction pics and I've really tried go into detail (to hopefully make things easier for the zippy phobics amongst us!)
So the clutch is a great size for a clutch or for a cosmetics purse. As a nice extra I've also made up the pattern for a matching darling dinky-doo coin purse as well. As far as I'm concerned there's no reason why your first/early attempt at zips needs to be: 'a 'basic pencil case type thing!'
Things we love:
Materials (to shop for materials click on links below):
• 1/3 yard (30cm) 44” wide Exterior fabric and matching thread
• 1/3 yard (30cm) 44” wide Lining fabric and matching thread
• 1/4 yard (23cm) 44” wide Contrast Fabric and matching thread for bows
• 1/2 yard (50cm) Medium Iron On Fusible Interfacing
• 1/3 yard (30cm) Thermolam Interlining
• 1 x 1/2” (13mm) D-Ring
• 1 x 1/2” (13mm) Snap Hook
• 2 x Nylon All Purpose Zippers, at least 9 1/2” (24cm) long end to end
• 1 x 7/8” (22mm) and 1 x 7/16” (11mm) Self Cover Buttons
• 1/4” (6mm) Basting Tape (I love this one)
• Disappearing Fabric Marker or Chalk
• Sewing Clips/Pins
• Zipper Foot
Feel free to sew and sell! You are welcome to handmake and sell our designs in your online shop, craft market, Etsy etc. Please credit U-Handbag as the designer in your descriptions.