Finished size - you can make this bag to any size, or you can make a Medium sized Dishy Bag: 28" x 3 1/2" (71cm x 9cm)
Hard copy booklet also includes a web link to the PDF version (so you can reprint at home as many times as you need!) Printed as a 2 sides per page booklet onto copier paper.
Dishy bags are a must for any busy household. Perfect for storing anything from toys to craft supplies. Make them in any size to suit your needs. This bag has a nice wide base so you can rummage/sort/play/work/craft/etc with ease. When you want the mess to go away, you simply draw up the bag and hang it up, or store it in a room corner - ahh all tidy again (in mere seconds). Read about and see more pics of the Dishy Bag here.
Things we love:
Really easy to make - once you've chosen your size the bag is quick to whip-up. To make life even easier I have included instructions for a med-sized bag.
Really useful - most anyone will have a use for these bags
Really clever - the bags work brilliantly as mobile play/craft areas. I use our Dishy bag to lug around my daughter's toys on outings.
Really flexible - follow the instructions to make Dishy bags to any size you want.
Really cool - choose fabrics to match your home. The large circular shape lends itself well to showcasing your fave fabrics.
Materials (to shop for materials click on links below):
- 1.5 yards x 44" wide (1.5m x 112cm) Exterior fabric and matching thread
1 yard x 44” wide (1m x 112cm) Lining fabric and matching thread
- 1 yard (1m) Thermolam Interlining (for optional base padding)
- 118" x 3/4" wide (300cm x 2.5cm) (when open) Bias Binding Tape
- 2 x strips 1" x 6" (2.5cm x 15cm) Woven Fusible Interfacing for bag handle reinforcement
- 94 1/2" x 3/16" wide (240cm x 0.5cm) slippery Polyester Cord - it MUST be slippery (the more slippery the cord, the easier it is to draw up the string handles)
- 4 x Metal Eyelets
- Disappearing Fabric Marker or Chalk
- Sewing Clips/Pins
Feel free to sew and sell! You are welcome to handmake and sell our designs in your online shop, craft market, Etsy etc. Please credit U-Handbag as the designer in your descriptions.