We sell our interfacing/interlining in 0.5 metre (1/2 yard) increments.
Price per 0.5 metre: £6.85
For example, if you'd like 0.5 metre enter: 1 in the quantity box. If you'd like 2 metres enter: 4 in the quantity box.
- Multiple amounts will be sent as a continuous length.
Single-Sided Fusible Foam off the roll: 20" (51cm) wide.
Just what you need to make bags that stand up by themselves. This foam provides fantastic structure and protection to your project, but like foam it is also yielding, so it feels great. It can be used in place of or in addition to other stabilizers. Flex-Foam adds shape and body to projects such as computer cases, train-style cases, eyeglass cases, purses, tote bags, cup holders, nappy bags, and more! It is compatible with a wide variety of fabrics. Pellon even has a free foam project for you to try: The Campus Clutch
- Easy to cut and sew - and gives fantastic stitch definition when quilting with it.
- Lasting body, structure and stability
- 1-Sided Fusible for ease-of-use and time savings
- Superior quality, fast-acting adhesive and creases iron out easily (I have tested this myself)
- Machine wash warm on gentle cycle, tumble dry low or dry clean.
How to use:
- My preference is to trim off the seam allowance plus 1/8in (2mm) from the Flex-Foam pattern pieces (this makes for smoother seams).
- Thoroughly iron your fabric.
- Place your fabric right side up onto the Flex-Foam adhesive side, cover with clean damp cloth and iron with a wool heat setting for 10 seconds on each part (never iron on the Fusible Foam).
NB: if using *quilt weight (or lighter) fabric for your exterior bag, I like to iron the foam onto my bag lining fabric - this way should creasing occur, creases will be hidden inside the bag.
For a general guide to Interfacing/Interlining click here.
Please note this product will arrive folded - when you are ready to use it, the creases will iron out just fine! :)